Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Getting Closer

No picture tonight - I forgot how to do it! I'll need another tutorial from Gary tomorrow.

Today was a lot like yesterday. We "built" another parking area by outlining it in rocks and pushing down the grass. Barbara and I are masters at straight parking lot lines! The "down in the hole" bunch came much closer to actually digging under the causeway. I spent much time twiddling my thumbs because until the diggers start digging and the sifters start sifting, I don't have anything to register. Tomorrow looks like the first day of actual artifact searching. I can hardly wait.

I couldn't help but be reminded today of the scripture that talks about the stones crying out. I don't have the scripture reference because my iPad, which holds my Bible, needs charging. If and when the stones cry out, Israel will be the loudest in the world, I think. Rocks are everywhere and very plentiful. We had no problem finding stones for the parking lot, and they are still everywhere! I think they grow.

It has gotten hotter, and tomorrow promises to be the hottest so far. Fortunately, there is usually a good breeze under the tent, so it won't be unbearable. We are drinking lots and lots of water, which is a necessity.  We have a system down: we start with two large bottles of cold water and two equally large bottles of frozen water. We drink on the first until around lunch and then switch to the colder bottles that have been wrapped in a towel. Man, is it refreshing! Popsicles around 3:00 are a very welcome treat.

Our group this year is working together very well. Our "rookies" are fitting in very well and picking up on what we're doing and why. They are a delight. I'm about to fall asleep so will close for now. We're having a good time, but I sure miss our friends and our comfy bed.

Love you all!

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment